One of the biggest dilemmas new parents (or any parent) may face is buying a crib. Choosing the kind of bed you get for your baby is crucial as it needs to be durable, efficient, and comfortable.
The Maxi Cosi Iora is the better option in terms of price value and features. While the Chicco Next To Me may seem cheaper, the storage basket and extra adjustment options make Iora worth the price. Also, it is easier to find the Iora since it is not an expanded line.
In the rest of this article, I will explain more on why the Iora is the better buy for parents looking for bedside sleepers.
Do You Need a Bedside Sleeper?
Infants need to be by their parents’ side while they sleep because they need to be rocked to sleep, fed, or even have their diapers changed during the night. A nearby crib is an excellent option for parents to have their babies nearby without sharing a bed with them.
Room sharing with the baby has physiological benefits for the child. It helps decrease the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, especially for low-weight or premature babies. It is recommended to room share for at least the first six months of the baby’s lifetime.
What Is A Maxi Cosi Iora?
The Maxi-Cosi Iora available on Amazon.com is a 2-in-1 deal used as a bedside sleeper and later on a stand-alone crib. It’s easy to adjust both height and vertical alignment of the bed. You have five options as to how high or low you want the crib to be, and you can also slide it towards you for better reach.
The mesh window makes it easy to watch your baby. The sleeper’s fabrics are also easy to remove and wash.
What is a Chicco Next To Me?
The Chicco Next To Me on Amazon.com is an original bedside sleeper. It now features a line by itself, with each Next To Me product offering distinct advantages.
Next To Me, like the Maxi Cosi Iora, is a 2-in-1 product that you can use as a sleeper and, later, as a crib. It can also be attached to the bedside, and the height can be adjusted to an optimal position. You can leave the side hanging open for easier access and viewing.
It is also easy to assemble and bring anywhere, and you can easily remove and wash the fabric. Plus, the mesh window and easy tilting help the baby breathe better.
What Is The Difference Between A Maxi Cosi Iora & A Chicco Next To Me?
The Maxi Cosi Iora is a product by itself and is not part of a line. Meanwhile, the Chicco Next To Me is an original, single product that has expanded to a line. However, this article will discuss only the original Next To Me.
A Maxi Cosi Iora is different from the Chicco Next To Me in terms of storage and adjustment options. It has a storage basket underneath the bed and more options for adjusting the sleeper. Meanwhile, the Chicco Next To Me comes with straps used to attach the sleeper to the parents’ bed and wheels for easy travel.
Maxi Cosi Iora
What Are The Advantages Of Using A Maxi Cosi Iora?
- Convenient Storage Basket: A storage basket that comes with the sleeper is a great advantage for parents as they can store everything they may need, like baby bottles or fresh diapers. This feature of the Iora is convenient because you can save time on looking for these things and ease your baby back to sleep faster.
- Custom Adjustments: The vertical and horizontal adjustments that the Iora allows also make it more customizable for the parent. If they have low or high beds, they can still adjust the height to fit. They can also easily reach out during the night and slide the bed closer to check on the baby.
- Easy To Assemble and Durable: The bed is also sturdy and easy to assemble. Thus, not only is it durable, but you can also bring it with you wherever your family may go. It also folds flat for easy transport.
- Large Size: Compared to other standard cribs, the Iora is larger than most.
- Readily Available: It is easy to find stock and buy the Maxi Cosi Iora. It is a product by itself and not a line. Thus you can easily order it from Amazon.com.
What Are The Disadvantages Of Using A Maxi Cosi Iora?
- No Straps: The Iora has no straps you can use to attach the sleeper to your bed.
- No Wheels: There are no wheels on the Iora, thus making it less easy to transport.
- Does Not Rock: A rocking feature would be great to help parents lull their babies to sleep faster.
- Does Not Incline: Cribs with inclines or tilting help the baby breathe better, which the Iora lacks.
- Easy Creasing and No Intermediate Lock: The fabric of the Iora creases easily, and there is no intermediate lock that can secure the basket and the baby better.
Chicco Next To Me
What Are The Advantages Of Using A Chicco Next To Me?
- Easy and Secure Attachments: The bedside sleeper comes with a set of straps that you can buckle to your bed and secure the sleeper. This way, you can ensure that your baby will always be by your side without sliding away.
- Custom adjustments: You can adjust the sleeper in six different height positions, making it versatile for your bed’s height or type. It is easy to adjust the height by pulling the adjustment lever up.
- Can Carry Up to 9kg: Chicco Next to me can carry a 9kg baby. So, you can use it even when your baby is on the heavy side or when they get older.
- Light, Portable, Durable, & Has Wheels: This crib is very light, foldable, has its travel bag, and can be set up wherever you are. It has wheels for transport, and can also carry babies as heavy as 9 kilograms.
- Big Crib: The Next To Me is bigger than most other bedside sleepers on the market, although its dimensions are similar to the Iora.
What Are The Disadvantages Of Using A Chicco Next To Me?
- No Storage Basket: This convenient feature is not available for the Next To Me sleeper. Therefore, parents must find a place or storage basket for their baby’s needs.
- Does Not Rock: This sleeper lacks a rocking feature that can help babies sleep better and faster.
- Hard To Assemble: Customer reviews indicate that the Next To Me can be difficult to assemble at first but once you figure it out, the process becomes relatively easy.
- Expanded Line: Since the original Next To Me was released years ago, it has expanded into a line of bedside sleepers. While that may seem like a good thing, it makes it harder to find available stock of the original Next To Me. While the new line of products have unique features, too many of them are similar and have varying prices, with some being more expensive.
Maxi Cosi Iora Vs Chicco Next To Me – Which Is Better?
Now that we have discussed each product’s advantages and disadvantages, let’s compare them side by side.
|Maxi Cosi Iora||Chicco Next To Me|
|Price Range||£180.00 – £190.00||£140.00 – £180.00|
Dimensions and Maximum Weight
|Maxi Cosi Iora||Chicco Next To Me|
|Dimensions (cm L x cm H x cm W)||93 x 55 x 74.5 (36.61 x 21.65 x 29.33 in)||94 x 66 x 69 (37 x 25.98 x 27.16 in)|
|Maximum Height (cm)||85.5 (33.66 in)||81 (31.88 in)|
|Maximum Weight It Can Carry (kg)||9 (19.84 lbs)||9 (19.84 lbs)|
Better for Traveling Families
There is very little difference between the Maxi Cosi Iora and the Chicco Next To Me when comparing the dimensions and maximum capacities. However, for families who travel frequently, a Chicco Next To Me would be more suitable since this sleeper is lighter and has wheels that facilitate easy transport.
Also, its price range is broader. Thus, buyers may have a chance of getting a reasonable price, although that would depend on available stock.
Better for the Price
The Maxi Cosi Iora is an excellent buy for families with a bigger budget who want to get a quality product. Not only is it large, but it is also durable and can reach higher than the Chicco Next To Me. Aside from that, the storage basket that comes with it is handy for storing baby essentials.
With a Maxi Cosi Iora, the buyer gets similar features with the Chicco Next To Me—versatility, travel-friendliness, large size, and adjustable height positions—as well as practical components, such as a storage bag.
An Iora is also easier to procure, given that there is more available stock than the Next To Me.